Friday, December 02, 2016

KENZO H&M PRE-LAUNCH PARTY

Lois Opoku lisforlois Kenzo hm Party
My last event before I left for Ghana was the long awaited pre-launch party of the H&M x Kenzo collaboration. These H&M parties are what people live for and everyone wants to get on the list, because not only do you get to shop the collection in a much secludedter crowd and certain amount of comfort (i.e. you won't get trampled over, you do not have to wait in line 6 a.m. in the morning when the store opens 9 a.m. plus you don't have to fight with shopaholic xyz over that same dress, because it's the last in your size!) a night earlier, but the party itself is super fun too.
The collection itself wasn't really a stunner and I think people weren't really buying into the hype as they did for H&M Balmain or Alexander Wang or Versace..
The prints and colors really aren't for the every day girl or boy. And not many are brave enough to wear clothes that seek such an attention when worn. I did like Kenzo before the collab (especially in their lion face print pullover days!) so I was excited for the collection when the news hit Instagram and the internet earlier this year. Seeing the collection though on Hypebeast etc. a couple of days prior to the launch killed the vibe.

I did buy two pieces as I got really lucky and got both the dress (the only piece that was sold out immeadiately) and the little bandeau top. However I returned my shopping 2 days later since I wasn't too sure about it anymore. Did I get lost in the hype? Probably. I love the dress but it did look a little overhand on me and too be honest there really wasn't any occasion where I could wear it too. It'll look cute in pictures, sure, but 250€ dress for one foto sessions..? Not worth it.
The party though was uber-fun! Check out last year's H&M Balmain party I attended! Scroll down to find out what I was wearing..
Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Kenzo hm party Berlin lisforlois Lois Opoku lisforlois Kenzo hm Party
Dress I Kleid: H&M Trend (exact style and color, similiar)
Bag I Tasche: Proenza Schouler
Watch I Uhr: Michael Kors THANKS TO Designer Outlet Berlin
Shoes I Schuhe: Missguided (similiar, similiar on sale)



Love Lois xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and make my day :) Thank you for all your amazing comments! I read each and everyone of them xxx Love Lois