Wednesday, June 17, 2015

COCKTAIL WITH JIL SANDER NAVY

Lois Opoku blue jacket ootd lisforlois
A couple of weeks back I enjoyed a cocktail evening with Jil Sander Navy. For the occasion I wore my midi-length figure hugging H&M Trend dress paired with a cobalt blue biker jacket and the perfect black bucket bag from Berlin based Designer Nina and her label Zookie. The is suede leather amazing.
Jil Sander Navy is very modern, clean cuts and silhouettes; the color scheme very simple: navy, bold green, black & white graphics and the occasional signal color orange as a subtle highlight. The store concept is a mirror of the Jil Sander philosophy. Jil Sander Navy reminds me a lot of COS but much more high end and quality. I was surprisingly very much into the new collection and I nearly picked the loafer high-heels to come home with me. The collection is very unlike me and what I'd usually wear. I prefer anything tailored at the waist, since that is what looks good on me.
But that's fun in fashion, being able to try new stuff out. Don't let yourself be defined by what's been, what you are accustomed to or people's idea of who and what you are. Be brave enough to try new things, new styles.

Besides sipping Bloody Maries (eww I was expecting the taste of a Cosmopolitan when I gladly excepted a Bloody Mary! Totally got those two confused. Imagine my surprise. That gulp was a struggle..) I played dress up, picked out my favorite pieces and had fun combining and trying new silhouettes - big midi-length balloon skirts and dropped waist hems of which most people would say: for tiny girls like me it's a double no-no. Because well, these very two things make you look tiny.
I am tiny. *shocker*
Now that we've established the very obvious fact that indeed I'm tiny, can I get back to having fun in big midi-length balloon skirts, dropped waist lines and stop trying to conceal something so obvious? I mean who am I trying to fool, right?
To all my fellow tiny fashionistas out there, here is a little game for you.
Are you tiny -> Yes. -> Do you need to keep up the illusion of not being tiny? -> Yes. = Stay clear of dropped waist lines and big midi-length balloon skirts! If the answer is -> No = Go for it. Have fun! Discover your own personal preference and look.
Jil Sander Navy is a good place to start.
jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois 2015-05-09 07.23.42 1 Lois Opoku Jil Sander Navy Instagram lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois Lois Opoku Jil Sander Navy Instagram lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois Lois Opoku Jil Sander Navy Grazia Cocktail Instagram lisforlois jil sander navy grazia cocktail lisforlois Lois Opoku blue jacket ootd lisforlois Lois Opoku blue jacket ootd lisforlois Lois Opoku blue jacket ootd lisforlois Lois Opoku blue jacket ootd lisforlois
ph.: Joeva
Dress I Kleid: H&M Trend
Jacket I Jacke: H&M Trend
Bag I Tasche: THANKS TO Zookie (similiar, love this one)
Shoes I Schuhe: THANKS TO Geox


Love Lois xxx

2 comments:

  1. wow richtig schöne jacke die Farbe steht dir so gut
    einfach klasse du hübsche
    btw. ich bin ab Juli für 6 Wochen inberlin vielleicht hast du lust auf ein treffen?
    vielleicht einen gemeinsamen Blogeintrag oder Instafotos? oder einfach so sehen? vielleicht mit mehr Bloggerinnen aus Berlin? kenne da kaum wen :)

    alles liebe deine Amely von
    AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and make my day :) Thank you for all your amazing comments! I read each and everyone of them xxx Love Lois